Monday, October 12, 2009

I went running again today and again I didn't hate it.  Not hating running is a totally new phenomenon for me.  I am still surprised when I look forward to getting outside, look forward to moving.... and the fact that I don't really think about it as a vehicle for losing weight is also strange.  It's weird to connect with my body in a positive way.  When I'm out there I feel sort of free.  I'm surprised that my mind doesn't really think about anything in particular- it's usually going about a mile a minute but when I'm out there I don't think of anything, not even how long I have left.  It's nice to feel in sync, in a rhythm, and yes, I realize how pathetically slow I am and how little I actually run.... but it's nice to have it feel good,and I'll take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment