Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 2 Day 2

Oh boy I didn't want to work out today.  I was scared of my lungs hurting and looking for any excuse to not get out there.  But I DID go and the weather was beautiful- that warm end of fall where the woods smells like pine trees and honey.  It was warmer than I had expected and I felt bogged down by my unneeded sweatshirt.  I worried as my course took me up more hills today but the change of scenery was nice and in the end the workout was nice as well.  I did it just fine and am hopeful that I will be able to transition to week 3 with little difficulty.  It is still strange to not come back feeling like I'm dying- heart pounding out of my chest and lungs on fire.  To come back wanting more, feeling like I should stay out longer is a good feeling, and one I hope stays with me, more or less, through this program.  I know it gets tougher, and I know it will be challenging, but today the challenge was getting off the couch, and that was challenge enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment